Wed 01 Mar 2017, 10:32
DStv Premium customers can soon look forward to more fresh series with fewer movies and series repeats from M-Net.
MultiChoice and M-Net will be making key changes to some of the M-Net channels to improve DStv customers’ viewing experience.
Supersized M-Net 101
The ever-popular M-Net Edge (102) will be integrated into M-Net 101 from Saturday 1 April 2017. This will give customers a supersized channel with bumper-to-bumper entertainment ranging from the latest shows from M-Net 101 to the edgier entertainment previously on M-Net Edge.
Customers can look forward to an extended prime time on M-Net 101 from 18:00 to midnight every day. This means fewer repeats on M-Net, which will now be the one destination for the best and newest shows from the US, alongside some great local shows.
Customers can tune in to sitcom fun at 18:00, followed by the latest blockbuster international reality shows at 18:30 and top-notch drama, crime, comedy or action series from 19:30 onwards. Once the kids are safely in bed – between 21:30 and midnight – customers can enjoy critically acclaimed edgier entertainment like Billions Season 2, Magicians Season 2, The Leftovers Season 3, Bates Motel Season 5, Broadchurch Season 3, Mad Dogs Season 1, Detour Season 2 and more.
To top it off, M-Net will pull out all the stops to give our customers great entertainment on Saturdays. The reality show repeats will be dropped on Saturdays and Sundays, in favour of fresh sitcoms and dramas, which will air on Saturdays from 18:00. Brand new series like cutting-edge medical drama Pure Genius (Augustus Prew, Dermot Mulroney, and Odette Annable), dark comedy Imposters (Inbar Lavi, Parker Young and Stephen Bishop) and the epic event limited series When We Rise (Guy Pearce, Mary-Louise Parker and Rachel Griffiths) can be seen during prime time on Saturdays.
“The entertainment landscape is changing faster than ever - we’ve made these changes based on what our customers have told us. We know they want to see the best new and returning series, and that is exactly what they will get,” says Group General Manager for M-Net SA, Nkateko Mabaso.
More fresh movies more often
M-Net want to show fewer older movies and repeats so DStv customers can enjoy more fresh and newer movies more often. This is why M-Net Movies Showcase (107) will be dropped in favour of more themed movie pop-up channels and movie festivals on existing M-Net movie channels.
“Our pop-up channels are extremely popular,” says Mabaso. “Viewers love the fact that they can easily find a collection of their favourite movies packaged under a specific theme on one channel. They enjoyed the Star Wars and Harry Potter pop-up channels – and we’re planning several more throughout the year.”
The recently launched M-Net Movies Collection also adds to the breadth of M-Net’s movie offering. The M-Net Movies Collection comprise more than 1000 movies and is available on DStv Catch Up Plus, accessible to customers when they connect their DStv Exploras to the internet. The collection is also accessible on the DStv Catch Up section on DStv Now online and on the app. DStv Premium customers can choose what movie they would like to watch, when it suits them best.
DStv Family customers gets VUZU
There is also good news about fewer repeats for DStv Family customers. From April, VUZU (116) will move into their family of channels. VUZU will replace M-Net Family (162) which has not performed as well as expected. VUZU carries many of the popular family and celebrity reality shows that our DStv Family customers enjoy.
Reset your recordings
Leading up to the integration of M-Net Edge and M-Net 101, DStv Premium customers can enjoy two, three or four back-to-back episodes of their favourite shows in the next couple of weeks.
Customers with DStv Exploras and PVRs are reminded to reset their recordings as their favourite shows find their new home on M-Net 101. These shows include Elementary, Major Crimes and Grimm, as well as Express from the US shows Crashing, Girls, Homeland, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Lucifer. Remember to also keep an eye on the DStv Catch Up calendar available on DStv.com.
For the latest information regarding these changes please consult your on-screen TV guide, find the online schedules at MNet.tv or DStv.com, or the TV Guide on the DStv Now app.
The following shows will be affected:
- The Saturday and Sunday omnibus slots have been removed from the schedule.
- Speechless Season 1 will premiere on Friday 3 March 2017 18:00
- Pure Genius Season 1 will premiere on Saturday 4 March 2017 at 19:30
- When We Rise Season 1 will start on Saturday 4 March as two back-to-back episodes from 21:30. Season 1 will end on Saturday 25 March at 21:30
- Imposters Season 1 will start on Saturday 4 March at 20:30
- The 101 Season 1 will start on Sunday 5 March 2017 at 15:30
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show Season 14 will go on a production break on Tuesday 7 March at 17:00. New episodes will resume on Tuesday 14 March at 17:00
- The Ellen DeGeneres Show Season 14 will also go on a production break from Tuesday 28 March at 17:00. New episodes will resume on Tuesday 4 April at 17:00
- The Catch Season 2 will premiere on Monday 13 March at 20:30. Bull Season 1 will take an extended production break from Monday 27 February until end of May. During the production break, M-Net will air The Catch Season 2
- Chicago Fire Season 5 will go on a one-week production break on Tuesday 14 March at 19:30. New episodes will resume on Tuesday 21 March at 19:30
- Chicago Med will go on a production break on Tuesday 28 February at 21:30. New episodes will resume on Tuesday 7 March at 21:30.
- Taken Season 1 starts on Thursday 9 March at 20:30
- Lethal Weapon will go on a one-week production break on Thursday 2 March at 19:30. Season 1 will now end on Thursday 16 March.
- NCIS Los Angeles Season 8 will now start on Thursday 23 March at 19:30
- Blindspot Season 2 will go on a production break from Thursday 9 March at 21:30. New episodes will resume on Thursday 30 March 2017 at 21:30
- Miss SA will air on Sunday 26 March at 17:00. The Voice SA season will be pre-empted that week.
The Last Ship
- The Last Ship Season 3 will end on Saturday 11 March at 18:00 as four back-to-back episodes
- Midnight Sun Season 1 will come your way as two back-to-back episodes on Saturday 25 March at 21:00 and 22:00
- Midnight Sun Season 1 will end on Saturday 25 March at 21:00
- Season 1 will air as two back-to-back episodes at 20:00 and 21:00 until Monday 27 March.
- The Magicians Season 1 will end on Monday 27 March at 21:00
- Season 1 will end on at Tuesday 28 March as two back-to-back episodes at 21:00
- Season 1 will be coming your way as two back-to-back episodes starting February 22 on Wednesday at 21:00 and 22:00 until Wednesday 22 March.
- On Wednesday 29 March, Aftermath will air as three back-to-back episodes on from 21:00 to 23:00
- Aftermath Season 1 will end on Wednesday 29 March at 21:00
- Season 2 and 3 will be coming your way as four back-to-back episodes every Thursday until Thursday 23 March from 22:00 to 01:00
- On Thursday 30 March, The Borgias will air as three back-to-back episodes on from 22:00 to 00:00
- The Borgias Season 3 will end on Thursday 30 March at 22:00
Hyde & Seek
- Season 1 ends on Thursday 30 March as two back-to-back episodes at 18:00
The Art of More
- Season 2 will end on Thursday 30 March as two back-to-back episodes at 20:00
- Oz Season 3 and 4 will be coming your way as three back-to-back episodes every Friday at 22:15, 23:25 and 00:45 until Friday 31 March
- OZ ends on Friday 31 March at 22:15
- Wrecked Season 1 will start on Friday 17 March at 18:50
- Season 1 will be coming your way as three back-to-back episodes on Friday 17 March and 24 March between 18:50 to 20:00.
- On Friday 31 March, Wrecked Season 1 will air as four back-to-back episodes from 18:00 to 19:30
- Wrecked Season 1 will end on Friday 31 March at 18:00
- Season 1 will premiere on Friday 10 March at 20:00
- The Detour Season 1 will air as two back-to-back episode on Fridays at 20:00 and 21:00 until 17 March.
- On Friday 24 March and 31 March, The Detour will come your way as three back-to-back episodes at 20:00 to 20:40
- The Detour will end on Friday 31 March
- Season 1 has been rescheduled. The new start date will be announced at a later date.
M-Net Edge Express From The US:
- Episode 6 will be the last episode to air on M-Net Edge on Friday 31 March at 21:40
- Crashing Season 1 will continue from episode 7 in its new home and time slot on Friday 7 April at 23:00 on M-Net 101
- Episode 7 will be the last episode to air on M-Net Edge on Friday 31 March at 21:00
- Girls Season 6 will continue from episode 8 in its new home and time slot on Friday 7 April at 22:30 on M-Net 101
- Episode 10 will be the last episode to air on M-Net Edge on Tuesday 28 March at 20:00
- Homeland Season 6 will continue from episode 11 in its new home and time slot on Tuesday 4 April at 22:30 on M-Net 101
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- Episode 6 will be the last episode to air on M-Net Edge on Saturday 25 March at 23:00
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Season 4 will continue from episode 7 in its new home and time slot on Sunday 9 April on M-Net 101 after the Sunday Movie
- Season 2 is currently on a production break
- Lucifer Season 2 will return from production break with episode xx on M-Net 101. The return date will be confirmed at a later date
M-Net Edge series moving to M-Net 101:
- Episode 9 will be the last episode to air on M-Net Edge on Wednesday 29 March at 19:00
- Elementary Season 5 will continue from episode 10 in its new home and time slot on Saturday 27 May at 18:30 on M-Net 101
- Season 5 is currently on a production break.
- Major Crimes Season 5 will return with episode 14 on M-Net 101 on Saturday 1 April at 18:30
- Episode 12 will be the last episode to air on M-Net Edge on Monday 27 March at 19:00
- Grimm Season 6 will continue from episode 13 in its new home and time slot on Monday 3 April at 22:30 on M-Net 101