By: Thirosha Pillay | Sat 11 Apr 2015, 07:00
WeChat lets you stay in touch with everything DStv. We’ve compiled a step-by-step guide on how you can become a part of the DStv world on WeChat and take part in our GOT polls.
Getting to know DStv just got a whole lot easier with WeChat. We’ve all heard about this powerful social networking tool which allows you to send and receive text messages, have group discussions as well as video calls.
Now you can use WeChat to enhance your DStv experience by following DStv, which will in turn open up a gateway of information on DStv programming, services, competitions and polls on WeChat.
With the upcoming Season 5 premiere of Game of Thrones on Monday 13 April at 03:00 and the repeats on Thursdays from 16 April at 21:00 on M-Net Edge DStv will host several GOT polls on WeChat. Get in on the hype by participating.
Here is your step-by-step guide on how you can get connected to DStv on WeChat and participate in our polls:
1. Download the app to your mobile device for free.
2. Once you’ve downloaded the app, sign up using your cell phone number. (Make sure you have internet connectivity).
3. You will receive an SMS with a verification code. Enter the verification code.
4. Set your profile photo and full name.
5. To follow DStv click on Discover, Scan QR Code, point your phone’s camera to this QR code below, your phone will scan the code and detect the DStv account and all you have to do is click on follow.
6. To find DStv Polls on WeChat all you have to do is click on Engage and select Polls. It’s as simple as that. See image below:
Once you start following DStv on WeChat you will be sent a list of keywords which you can choose from to get information on that specific keyword.
So whether it’s information on what’s Hot on TV, Self Service, BoxOffice or DStv Apps – you’ll have it all at your fingertips. Get connected to WeChat and DStv today.