Fri 27 Oct 2017, 15:56
1. Thank you for your interest in the “DStv Nitro Circus Competition” (“the Competition”). This Competition is offered to you by Multichoice (Pty) Ltd (“Multichoice”). For more information on Multichoice, please see the “Contact Us” section at the end of these terms and conditions.
2. To enter the Competition an entrant must:
2.1. Comment on the Competition post on the DStv Facebook Page
2.2. Be 18 (eighteen) years old and older at the time of entry
2.3. Be a citizen of the Republic of South Africa and/or a permanent resident of South Africa
2.4. Be currently residing in the country during the period of the Competition
2.5. Hold a valid South African Identity Document ("ID") or valid resident permit
2.6. Be able and willing to attend the Nitro Circus event on the 28 October 2017 in Johannesburg
3. By entering the Competition, the entrant agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
4. This Competition is only open to entrants who comply with all of the requirements as set out in clauses 2.1 – 2.6 in these terms and conditions.
5. Entrants who do not satisfy the above criteria will not be considered and will be automatically disqualified from participating in the Competition.
6. Multichoice reserves the right to disqualify or reject any entry believed to be in conflict with these terms and conditions or not made in good faith or on other reasonable grounds.
7. Entries to the Competition will open at on the 27 October 2017, and close at 00:00 on the 28 October 2017. Any entries received after the closing date will not be valid and will not be considered.
7.1. The prize for the Competition is 1 of 4 double tickets to the Nitro Circus event taking place on the 28 October 2017 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Prize excludes accomodation, transport to and from the venue and any purchases made at the event.
8. The winners of the ticket/s will be selected by means of a random audited draw, subject to confirmation of the results by an independent auditor appointed by Multichoice, if applicable, whose decision except in so far as is provided for in the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008, as amended from time to time, shall be final with no correspondence entered into. The winners of the tickets will be notified via Facebook within 2 (two) hours of the draw taking place and thereafter contacted by an agent of Multichoice, if applicable.
9. In the event that Multichoice and/or its agents cannot contact the winner of the ticket/s within 2 (two) hours of the draw taking place, for any reason whatsoever, including incorrect and/or inoperative cellular numbers or e-mail addresses, then such winner will be disqualified and a runner up finalist will be deemed to be the potential ticket/s winner, subject to the terms and conditions herein.
10. A winner of a ticket/s may need to verify their proper identity and documentation before claiming a ticket/s.Once the winners have taken possession of their ticket/s, all risk and responsibility in the ticket/s passes to the winners and Multichoice will in no way take any responsibility or assume any liability for or in connection with the ticket/s and/or the use thereof.
11. Multichoice shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform due to any event beyond its control.
12. Ticket/s are not transferrable to any other person or exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
13. All x ticket/s winners may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcasting or publishing purposes, which is conditional upon their agreement to take part in such publicity campaigns. The winners who take part in such publicity campaigns will not be entitled to any payment or remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of Multichoice.
14. Multichoice reserves the right to request that images taken of the winners be used for publicity purposes in any manner Multichoice deems fit, without any further remuneration being made payable to the winners, which request the winners may decline.
15. Multichoice reserves the right to name the winners publicly on Facebook or any social media and any other place where Multichoice deems fit. By entering the Competition, the ticket/s winners agree to the publication of their names in relation to the Competition by Multichoice.
16. The Competition is not open to employees of Multichoice, its subsidiaries, affiliates, agents or suppliers, including their immediate families. Entry is not open to any director, member, partner, employee, agent of, consultant to or anyone affiliated to Multichoice via any direct/indirect affiliation, and such prohibition extends to any spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of such persons listed herein.
17. The entrants may not transfer or otherwise deal with any of their rights or obligations acquired under or in connection with these terms and conditions.
18. Multichoice reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this Competition at any time by publishing notice of the relevant details.
19. Multichoice shall have the right to terminate the Competition immediately and without notice for any reason or any reason beyond its control requiring such termination. In the event of such termination, all participants agree to waive any rights they may have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against Multichoice, its agents and staff.
20. This Competition is governed by the laws of South Africa.
21. The courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with the Competition or its subject matter. The entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
22. Multichoice will try to provide the entrants with content as accurate as possible, however Multichoice:
22.1. does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product claims made on the official Multichoice /DSTV website or any official Multichoice social media pages;
22.2. is not responsible for any content generated by the users of the official Multichoice website or social media pages; and
22.3. does not endorse any opinions expressed by the users of the official Multichoice website and social media pages. All content on the official Multichoice website and social media pages is provided "as is" and Multichoice does not accept any responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience resulting from the content or content generated by users of the website or the social media official Multichoice page.
23. Multichoice shall not be liable for any damages resulting from the use (or inability to make use) of the official Multichoice website or social media pages, including damages caused by viruses or any incorrectness or incompleteness of information.
24. Multichoice shall not be liable for damages resulting from any lack of suitability, timeliness or accuracy of any content on the official Multichoice website or social media pages.
25. Multichoice shall further not be liable for damages resulting from the use of electronic means of communication, including, but not limited to, damages resulting from the failure or delay in delivery of electronic communications, interception or manipulation of electronic communications by third parties or by computer programs used for electronic communications and transmission of viruses.
26. Except to the fullest extent permitted by relevant laws, Multichoice shall not be liable for:
26.1. loss of business, profits, revenue, anticipated savings, (even where the same arise directly from a breach of these conditions);
26.2. special, direct, indirect or consequential losses, even if foreseeable by or in the contemplation of Multichoice; or
26.3. any claim made against entrants by any other person.
26.4. Except as expressly stated herein all conditions and warranties, implied statutory or otherwise, are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
27. Unless indicated otherwise, all intellectual property rights to the official Multichoice/DStv website, mobisite and social media pages, and the information posted on the official Multichoice/DS website and social medial pages (“Information”) is owned by Multichoice. Multichoice’s rights include but are not limited to, all patents, copyrights, rights to the trade names, word trademarks, pictorial trademarks and logos of Multichoice.
28. For any remarks or queries in relation to the Competition, please send an email to Eugene.Chetty@multichoice.co.za.