Wed 16 Nov 2016, 09:30
In the build-up to the UN Climate Change Conference 2016 - COP 22 - held this year in Marrakesh, CNN International (DStv 401) is to broadcast On Morocco, a theme week and 30-minute special programme, which will capture the best examples of the country's fascinating transformation.
The series of reports will look at Morocco’s economic growth, the importance it is playing on foreign investment and the nationwide efforts in rejuvenating infrastructure in roads, power supplies and transportation networks.
Reports in On Morocco will include:
Monday 14 November:
- Morocco Wind Energy - Morocco has huge wind energy potential and has undertaken a vast wind energy program.
Tuesday 15 November:
- The Tangier Port Free Zones - The Ports of Tangier is a bridge to Europe and a gateway to Africa for many international businesses.
Wednesday 16 November:
- The Siemens blade factory - Siemens will soon produce many of their large turbine blades in Morocco with local workers.
Thursday 17 November:
- Casablanca – becoming a premier destination for business because of a new emphasis by the King to attract international investment.
Friday 18 November:
- Tourism in Essaouira – the rise in tourism arrivals in largely due to a new direct flight from London.
From Monday 14 November – Friday 18 November, On Morocco will air daily within:
- CNN Money View with Nina Dos Santos at 11:00 GMT and
- The World Right Now with Hala Gorani at 20:00 GMT
The On Morocco 30-minute special programme will air at the following times on CNN (401):
- Friday 18 November at 10:30 GMT
- Saturday 19 November at 03:00 GMT and 1200 GMT
- Monday 21 November at 04:30 GMT
- Tuesday 22 November at 17:30 GMT
- Wednesday 23 November at 09:30 GMT