Thu 02 Nov 2017, 08:50
We're showing you how easy it is to rent movies, top-up your account and more with BoxOffice on the Facebook Messenger app.
Love a good movie? We do too and that’s why BoxOffice is making it easier for you to find and watch the best blockbuster movies with Facebook!
Bringing you convenience at the tap of a finger, you can now rent movies, watch trailers and top-up your BoxOffice account with Facebook Messenger and DStv Self Service. Can life get any easier? Probably not!
Let us show you how easy it is to manage your BoxOffice account and watch the latest movies in a few easy steps. Say goodbye to SMS bundles! Don’t have Self Service on the Facebook Messenger app? Here’s how you can get it.
- Choose the Main Menu option.
- Tap ‘more options’ and you will see BoxOffice listed.
- You can either Rent Now or see what the New Movies are.
Ready to rent?
- Tap New Movies
- You will be presented a carousel of the new BoxOffice movies.
- You can choose to View Trailer in the app or Rent Now.
- If you choose to Rent Now, all you need to do is send the rental code that you see on your DStv PVR or Explora decoder.
- Success! You will get a message to confirm your rental was successful and you’ll be able to watch your movie within 5 minutes.
We bet you’re wondering about topping up your BoxOffice account. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered and you can do it in the app too! With a few quick steps, you’ll soon be able to keep renting the latest releases each week with either a credit card or EFT payment. Let’s show you how:
- When on the BoxOffice menu, send the word Pay to the app.
- Choose Main Account to view your balance and make a payment, OR
- Choose BoxOffice to top up your account with any of the specified denominations.
- Payment is easy. Choose Credit Card to pay directly with your card, OR
- Choose EFT and you can make a payment with your online banking profile, select BoxOffice as one of the approved beneficiaries and use your customer number as the reference.
- Done and dusted! Time to enjoy your movie.
As you can see, renting via Facebook messenger is quick and easy with a few taps of your finger. All you need to worry about is what will you be watching tonight?