Tue 07 Nov 2017, 13:31
We're all about the big city lights in NYC. Let's find out a bit more about the fascinating American city.
New York is the city that never sleeps, but when we all fall asleep it still remains in our dreams. Known as the city of dreams and possibilities, it’s hard to now be in awe of what’s around it.
On New York: America's Busiest City S1 premiering on Sunday 12 November at 17:00 on BBC Earth and streaming live on DStv Now they take a look at the giant that is NYC and how it's known as one of the busiest cities in the world.
We’re going to share some fun facts and photos to show you why NYC is a firm favourite for all of us.
1. NYC is on Twitter – we always love a city that goes digital.
2. Using your car hooter is actually illegal in New York City. Yes, hard to believe when it’s heard all of the time. It’s only acceptable during emergencies, and it seems there’s an emergency every minute when you’re on the streets of NYC.
3. The most populated city in the United States of America… but are we even surprised?
4. During 1785 until 1790 NYC was the capital city of the USA.
5. In 2018 the world’s first underground park will be open in the Manhattan area of NYC.
6. Coffee is apparently enjoyed 7 more times by people in NYC than any other state in USA.
Love New York City as much as us? Watch New York: America's Busiest City S1 premiering on Sunday 12 November at 17:00 on BBC Earth and streaming live on DStv Now.