Fri 10 Apr 2015, 12:00
You could win a trip to Scotland courtesy of the Travel Channel - here's what you could get up to.
Have you ever dreamed of seeing the Loch Ness monster? Perhaps giving haggis a try? Maybe even rocking tartan print? Well, you could do this and more by standing a chance to win a trip to Scotland thanks to DStv and the Travel Channel!
We decided to share a few things you could get up to if you were to be named the lucky winner. Though we can’t promise actually being able to spot the Loch Ness monster but everything else is very possible to enjoy when in Scotland!
1. Live like a Scot: maybe take the days leisurely as they come and live life like the Scottish with a drink at a pub and some live music. The chilled vibes will break up the exhilarating excitement from planned tours and all the knowledge to be learned!
2. Channel the royals: you can’t head over to Europe without living like a royal! From being left in despair by a constable to being remodelled, Stonefield Castle’s magnificent structure and charm will have you mesmerised. With a four night stay at the castle, how can you not fall in love with it? Also expect some lovely tea to really enjoy and take in the surroundings.
3. Hop into history: Not directly linked to any royalty, Inveraray Castle will still make you feel like one! Since it's part of the itinerary for the competition winner, you’ll be blown away by the castle’s architectural design and beauty, not forgetting to mention the rich history you will be engrossed in.
4. Bask in the beauty: Scotland is a beautiful place with interesting sights at every turn. One quite remarkable attraction is the Arduaine Gardens which will have you feel as if you stepped ito a nature wonderland. Take in the beautiful flowers and exotic fauna of the area as it’s an unforgettable experience.
5. Lastly – if not firstly - try the food: Scotland has some exciting edible treats which Jonathan Phang discovers in Jonathan Phang’s Gourmet Trains S2 at 19:00 CAT on Travel Channel on Saturday 11 April. Why not have your own gourmet taste experience with a bit of Haggis and real Scottish eggs – you don’t get it any realer than directly from within Scotland!
Think the above is up your alley on on your travel bucket list? Then it’s best you head on over to the DStv Rewards section to stand a chance to win trip to Scotland with the Travel Channel (terms and conditions apply). You might be lucky enough to be heading off to an unforgettable once in a lifetime trip abroad!
Make sure you catch Jonathan Phang’s Gourmet Trains S2 at 19:00 CAT on Travel Channel on Saturday 11 April.