Stabler returns to Law & Order franchise
Christopher Meloni reprises his role as Elliot Stabler in the newest addition to the infamous Law & Order franchise. Watch him reunited with his old partner, Olivia Benson, in Law & Order: Organized Crime.
The newest jewel added to the Law & Order crown is here. Law & Order: Organised Crime marks the epic reunion of beloved Law & Order: SVU alumni Elliot Stabler (Christopher Meloni) and his old partner Olivia Benson - who is now Captain Olivia Benson.
Elliot Stabler retired from the Special Victims Unit following the S12 finale shootout in the squad room, during which he killed the shooter. He was then placed on probation, ordered to undergo psychological evaluation and therapy, and a review of his entire career. Instead he left.
After a few years, he returned to the NYPD in a new post as their liaison to law enforcement in Rome. So Stabler was living it up in Italy, targeting terrorism and Organized Crime.
Stabler returns to SVU to honour his former partner Olivia Benson (Mariska Hargitay), during what’s meant to be a brief return to the US for a department meeting in S22 episode 9. But a car bombing leads to personal tragedy for Stabler.
At the end of the season Stabler also shows up late to an SVU wedding, leading to an intriguing toast to partnerships between himself and Benson.
Stabler officially relocates to New York and becomes part of the OCCB (Organized Crime Control Bureau) task force. While he works on a deeply personal case in his down time, officially he’s out to unmask the crime family who’ve been selling fake respirators and PPE overseas.
The season premiere sees Olivia slipping Stabler a little help under the table, and attending a family funeral with him.
Who’s Who in Law & Order: Organized Crime
- Lieutenant Marv Moennig (Daniel Oreskes): The commanding officer of the OCCB task force.
- Sergeant Ayanna Bell (Danielle Moné Truitt): The squad supervisor of the OCCB task force. Stabler's new partner.
- Detective 1st Grade Freddie Washburn (Ben Chase): Angela's ex-senior partner in the Narcotics unit, recruited to the OCCB task force
- 2nd Grade Diego Morales (Michael Rivera): a detective from the Gun Violence Suppression Division who's recruited to OCCB task force.
- Jet Slootmaekers (Ainsley Seiger): A computer hacker that Stabler recommends to the OCCB task force as a recruit.
- Detective 3rd Grade Gina Cappelletti (Charlotte Sullivan): an undercover detective assigned to the OCCB task force. She is tasked with infiltrating the Seven Knights club, which has ties to the Wheatley family.
- ADA Anne Frazier (Wendy Moniz): The prosecutor on a major OCCB case.
- Richard Wheatley (Dylan McDermott): As the son of notorious mobster Manfredi Sinatra, Richard appears on the surface to be one of those mob kids who rejected The Family. He owns a successful online pharmaceutical company. But Richard is leading a second life, and he's a major suspect in the crime that brings Stabler into the OCCB task force.
- Professor Angela Wheatley (Tamara Taylor): A prime suspect in the murder case that brings Stabler to OCCB task force, Angela is a mathematics professor at Hudson University and the ex-wife of Richard Wheatley.
- Pilar Wheatley (Shauna Harley): Richard's current wife.
- Richard "Richie" Wheatley Jr, (Nick Creegan): Richard and Prof. Angela Wheatley's older son who's keenly interested in the family business (ah, but which business?).
- Dana Wheatley (Christina Marie Karis): Richard and Prof. Angela Wheatley's only daughter. A real daddy's girl.
- Ryan Wheatley (Jaylin Fletcher): Richard's and Pilar's son.
- Izak Bekher (Ibrahim Renno): Richard's right-hand man and his inside man at the NYPD.
Watch Law & Order Organized Crime S1 on Wednesday, 14 July on M-Net (DStv channel 101) at 21:30
Watch Law & Order: SVU S22 on Wednesday, 14 July on Universal TV (DStv channel 117) at 20:45
M-Net (DStv channel 101) is available exclusively on DStv Premium.. To upgrade your existing package, click here.