Follow the steps below to enter:
How to enter:
1. Rent The Greatest Showman on BoxOffice and stand a chance to win a VIP trip to the entertainment capital of the World, with The Greatest Showman.
- Flights: roundtrip flights from major international airports in South Africa (Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg) to Las Vegas, Nevada
- Limo transfers: luxury roundtrip airport Limousine transfers in Las Vegas
- Accommodation: 3 nights' hotel accommodation in Las Vegas, in a Circus-themed hotel on the Las Vegas Strip
- Embrace Your Oddities During an Exclusive Masterclass with a Cirque Du Soleil Star: learn how to master some of the incredible circus skills seen in the movie with an expert performer (3 hours)
- Enjoy one of The Greatest Shows on Earth from The Best Seats in the House: enjoy a legendary Las Vegas show with tickets for the best seats in the theatre, usually reserved for the show's producers
- A Show-Stopping Dinner for Two at Le Cirque: indulge in a once-in-a-lifetime 3-course meal at Vegas' iconic Michelin-starred, circus-themed restaurant. Includes return transfers from hotel
- Full Winner Management from Element: including translation of correspondence and travel documentation required
Additional Terms and Conditions:
1. Standard BoxOffice Terms and Conditions Apply.
2. BoxOffice by DStv is running a promotional competition on its transactional-video-on-demand service that is available on the Explora PVR, HD PVR & SD PVR, promoting the rental of The Greatest Showman from 18 April 2018 to 31 May 2018.
3. The prize is a VIP trip for two adults to Las Vegas and it includes:
• Flights: Round trip flights from major international airports in South Africa (Cape Town, Durban or Johannesburg)
• Limo Transfers: Luxury round trip airport Limousine transfers in Las Vegas
• Accommodation: 3 nights’ hotel accommodation in Las Vegas, in a Circus-themed hotel on the Las Vegas Strip
• Embrace Your Oddities During an Exclusive Masterclass with A Cirque Du Soleil Star: Learn how to master some of the incredible circus skills seen in the movie with an expert performer (3 hours)
• Enjoy One of The Greatest Shows on Earth From The Best Seats In The House: Enjoy a legendary Las Vegas show with tickets for the best seats in the theatre, usually reserved for the show’s producers
• A Show-Stopping Dinner for Two at Le Cirque: Indulge in a once-in-a-lifetime 3-course meal at Vegas’ iconic Michelin-starred, circus-themed restaurant. Includes return transfers from hotel
• Full Winner Management from Element: Including translation of correspondence and travel documentation if required
4. The competition is open to South Africa only and therefore only DStv customers who meet the qualifying criteria and are able to access and use the BoxOffice product / service on their PVR within South Africa will be eligible to enter the competition
5. As this competition is in promotion for the movie The Greatest Showman – only successful rentals for The Greatest Showman will be entered into the draw. Rentals for any other movie available on the BoxOffice service at this time will not be considered for this competition.
6. Qualifying rentals must be completed on an HD, SD or Explora PVR. Online rentals made on any online platform do not qualify as entries into the competition.
7. All successful rentals for The Greatest Showman will be automatically entered into the draw
8. Competition period applies to rentals on the movie The Greatest Showman from 18 April 2018 to 31 May 2018
9. Customers may enter as many times as they like by renting the movie The Greatest Showman while it is available on any of the PVR decoders, i.e. Explora, HD, SD.
10. The Greatest Showman movie may expire earlier from the HD & SD PVRs and may remain longer on the Explora PVR.
11. The Greatest Showman movie will be available on the Explora PVR, HD PVR, SD PVR and online. However, qualifying rentals for the competition must be completed on the Explora PVR, HD PVR, SD PVR only (as applicable in SA only). Online rentals made on any online platform do not qualify as entries into the competition
12. The prize will be awarded to the primary account holder, including delivery to a specified address within the Republic of South Africa.
13. In order to qualify, account holders and people authorised to make purchases on the accountholder’s account must rent The Greatest Showman movie as per the qualifying criteria from 18 April 2018 to 31 May 2018
14. At the end of the competition period we will have a draw of all qualifying entrants and select the winner/s. Winner/s will be contacted in the first week following the draw.
15. Movies are charged at R35 per movie and are valid for 48 hours after successful rental.
16. Your initial “MAHALA” / “On the house” movie counts towards your competition entries. Any other “free” credits that have been allocated to your BoxOffice Account, will also be counted towards the competition entries.
17. MultiChoice staff members (whether permanent or otherwise), their family members, any affiliates, partners and stakeholders are not eligible to enter and win the prize.
18. Prizes are not transferable for cash.
19. Winners will be randomly selected from the qualifying entrants and results will be audited in line with regulations that govern such competitions.
20. Proof of identification and residential address will be required in order to claim your prize.
21. Winners under the age of 18, must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18
22. At least one person travelling must be over the age of 21.
23. Accommodation is based on 2 adults sharing one room
24. A valid credit or debit card will be required to guarantee your room on check in
25. Stay must include a Saturday night in the hotel
26. The prize excludes domestic ground transfers, meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, visas, personal expenses and anything not expressly stated in the prize package
27. All elements of the prize are subject to availability; if unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered
28. Hotel will be selected by prize provider at their sole discretion
29. Winners must contact prize provider with three preferred travel dates in separate months no later than six weeks prior to departure
30. Once booked, the prize cannot be amended or cancelled
31. Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable
32. No cash alternative is available; all travellers will require a passport valid for at least 6 months on date of travel
33. Any necessary visas or insurance are the responsibility of the winner and guests
34. Prize cannot be taken over Christmas, New Year or Public Holidays in the departure or arrival country
35. Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and all travel must be completed within that time
36. If the winner elects not to, or is unable to, use part of the prize, the winner will forfeit that part of the prize package
37. The tour will be conducted in English
38. Winner will be provided with set menu dinner at specified restaurant including set wine pairing and gratuity
39. Tickets to show will be subject to availability and dependent on the winner’s chosen travel dates, the winners will be given a choice of available shows by prize provider
40. Circus masterclass will be conducted in English
41. Prize is not offered or run in conjunction with Cirque Du Soleil or Le Cirque restaurant
42. Flights available from major international airports in South Africa
43. Flights may be indirect and not all routing will be available
44. Flight itinerary and hotel will be selected by prize provider at their sole discretion.
Terms and Conditions ▼
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1 These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with the MultiChoice South Africa Group (“MultiChoice”).
2 Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
3 The competition is not open to
3.1 directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Naspers Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2 the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above.
4 Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
5 Unless otherwise specified in the competition rules, you may only enter the competition once anytime before the closing date.
You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a
competition promoted by us within the past three (3) months. You will be
eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of
three (3) months after the date on which you won the last competition.
6 If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
7 It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
8 We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
9 It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
10 Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
11. We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
11.1 your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
11.2 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
10.3 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
12 We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
13 Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
14 You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
15 You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
16 The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 10 working days or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and MultiChoice reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
17 We may invite you to be present when the prizewinners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
18 We may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
19 In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
20 We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
21 You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
22 We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
23 You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
24 You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that -
24.1 all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
24.2 you will take full responsibility for your partner;
24.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
24.4 any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
25 If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
25.1 you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
25.2 you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner's) non compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
25.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
26 For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
27 These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa.
28 MultiChoice and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.