Closing date: 30 June 2017
BoxOffice has partnered with LG to promote both premium brands and the convenience they bring you in their individual capacity.
BoxOffice has a line-up of fantastic movies to meet your mood this May!
So take advantage of the variety of movies like Collateral Beauty, La La Land, xXx: the Return of Zander Cage and so much more and you could be a winner.
All you have to do is rent ANY three movies on BoxOffice this May and stand a chance to win one of five LG & DStv goodie boxes. That’s right we are giving five lucky customers the chance to win the latest LG Refrigerator, LG washing machine & a fully installed DStv Explora.
The more you rent, the more chances you have to win.
At the end of May, five winners will be drawn fro the Goodie Box.
This is how you could stand a chance to win:
How to enter:
1. Rent any three BoxOffice movies in May 2017 and you will be entered into the drawn. (If you rent more than three movies, each additional move rented successfully will be added as an additional entry into the draw.)
Rent and win with BoxOffice in May and June:
- 5 state-of-the-art LG fridges
- 5 state-of-the-art LG washing machines
- 5 fully installed DStv Exploras
Additional T's and C's:
1. Standard BoxOffice Terms and Conditions Apply.
2. BoxOffice by DStv has collaborated with LG Home Appliance to run a promotional competition on its transactional-video-on-demand service from 01 May 2017 to 31 May 2017. The competition ends at midnight on 31 May 2017.
3. The competition is running on BoxOffice in South Africa only and is thus open to customers residing in SA only.
4. The qualifying criteria into the competition is for customers to rent any three movies on BoxOffice by DStv on their SD, HD or Explora PVRs, in order to qualify an entry into the competition.
5. All customers who rent any three movies on BoxOffice, will get one entry into the competition.
6. Renting more than three movies, i.e. if a customer rents four, or five or more will qualify for an additional entry into the completion to win the prize.
7. The first set of three movies rented successfully will count as one entry and any rental after the three movies in May 2017 will count as an additional entry.
The draw for May 2017 will count all qualifying entries and the 5 winners will be selected.
8. Customers may enter as many times as they like by renting and meeting the qualifying criteria as stated above. Each set of the three movies as per the qualifying criteria will be counted as an entry into the competition. Any additional rentals over and above the set of three movies for that month, i.e. May 2017 will be counted as an entry into the competition draw.
Rentals will not be rolled over from May into June to be counted.
9. BoxOffice is available on the Explora PVR, HD PVR, SD PVR and online. However, qualifying rentals for the competition must be completed on the Explora PVR, HD PVR or SD PVR (as applicable in SA only). Online rentals made on any online platform do not qualify as entries into the competition
10. The prize constitutes five state-of-the-art LG Refrigerators, five LG Washing Machines and five DStv Exploras that includes installation for the Explora. Five winners will be chosen – each winner will receive one set comprising one LG Refrigerator, one LG Washing Machine & one fully installed Stv Explora which will be awarded to the primary account holder, including delivery to a specified address within the Republic of South Africa.
11. In order to qualify, the account holder and people authorised to make purchases on the accountholder’s account must rent the movies as per the qualifying criteria between 1 May 2017 & 31 May 2017.
12. At the end of the competition period we will have a draw of all qualifying entrants and select the winners. Winners will be contacted in the first week following the draw.
13. Movies are charged at R35 per movie and is valid for 48 hours after successful rental.
14. From time to time, BoxOffice will offer movies at a 50% discount. Renting any of the movies that have been discounted will count towards competition entry, i.e. if it forms part of the qualifying criteria as mentioned above.
15. Your initial “MAHALA” / “On the house” movie counts towards your competition entries. Any other “free” credits that has been allocated to your BoxOffice Account, will also be counted towards the competition entries.
16. MultiChoice staff members (whether permanent or otherwise), their family members, any affiliates, partners and stakeholders are not eligible to enter and win the prize.
17. Prizes are not transferable for cash.
18. Winners will be randomly selected from the qualifying entrants and results will be audited in-line with regulations that govern such competitions.
19. Proof of identification, and residential address will be required in order to claim your prize
Terms and Conditions ▼
STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COMPETITIONS
1 These are the standard terms and conditions for competitions conducted or promoted by or in association with the MultiChoice South Africa Group (“MultiChoice”).
2 Your entry into the competition and/or your acceptance of a prize (in the event that you win a prize) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share a prize (in the event that you win a prize which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your partner”).
3 The competition is not open to
3.1 directors, members, partners, agents, employees or consultants of the Naspers Group of companies or any supplier of goods or services in connection with a competition; and
3.2 the spouse, life partner, business partner or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in 3.1 above.
4 Entrants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before entering.
5 Unless otherwise specified in the competition rules, you may only enter the competition once anytime before the closing date.
You may not participate in or win a competition if you have won a
competition promoted by us within the past three (3) months. You will be
eligible to participate in a competition promoted by us after the expiry of
three (3) months after the date on which you won the last competition.
6 If you use a mobile phone for entry into the competition, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone contract do not apply.
7 It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not responsible for any entries which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our affiliates are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or malfunction, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
8 We and our affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to enter into, or obtain any materials related to, the competition.
9 It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
10 Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize are for your own account. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your entry into the competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize.
11. We do not make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly or implicitly, as to a prize, and in particular, but without limitation, make no representations and give no warranty that –
11.1 your entry or participation in the competition will necessarily result in you winning a prize;
11.2 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will meet your, or, if applicable, your partner’s, requirements, preferences, standards or expectations; or
10.3 a prize, or any aspect thereof, will be satisfactory, punctual, free from defects, safe or reliable.
12 We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
13 Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
14 You may not win a prize if it is unlawful for us to supply such a prize to you. If you do win such a prize, you will forfeit it.
15 You must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept and use a prize, including, as regards international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the prize date as may be required by the relevant authorities.
16 The winners will be notified by means of the contact details provided to us. If we are, or a third party supplier is, unable to contact a winner within 10 working days or if the winner is unable to collect the prize within 60 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and MultiChoice reserves the right to re-draw a new winner under the same conditions.
17 We may invite you to be present when the prizewinners are determined or announced, to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
18 We may require you to provide us with such additional information and documentation as we may reasonably require in order to process, confirm and facilitate your acceptance and/or use of a prize. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the prize.
19 In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize. All correspondence regarding the prize must be directed at the supplier of the prize. MultiChoice will not be responsible for any further correspondence, harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the prize.
20 We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party suppliers.
21 You agree that your participation in the competition, and your acceptance and/or use of a prize, or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
22 We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
23 You, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your partner (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your entry into this competition and/or acceptance and/or use by you of a prize.
24 You acknowledge that the acceptance and use of a prize is subject to the proviso that -
24.1 all of the terms and conditions will apply to both you and your partner (if applicable), and you will ensure that your partner agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply, therewith;
24.2 you will take full responsibility for your partner;
24.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by your partner or any third party in the event that your partner suffers any loss or damage pursuant to your partner’s acceptance and/or use of a prize;
24.4 any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
25 If you fail or, if your partner (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions, then without prejudice to any other remedy which we may have, –
25.1 you will be automatically disqualified and you will forfeit the prize/s (in the event that you have already won a prize);
25.2 you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable, your partner's) non compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client costs) which we may incur in taking any steps pursuant to your (or your partner’s) non-compliance; and
25.3 you indemnify and hold us and our affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
26 For purposes hereof, "affiliate" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
27 These terms and conditions will be construed, interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Republic of South Africa.
28 MultiChoice and the judges' decision on any matter concerning the competition and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no correspondence will be entered into.