Wed 05 Jul 2017, 11:00
We care about you and want you to enjoy a hassle-free DStv experience. From 16 – 18 July 2017, we will be upgrading our systems to enhance your customer service experience.
During this upgrade, certain services such as the processing of payment will be affected. We therefore advise you to settle your account before 15 July using your 10-digit DStv smartcard number to avoid any interruption to your viewing.
During this time, the following services will be impacted:
Service Centres and touch points
- Even though our Agencies and Branches will be operational, they will only be able to perform limited services.
- Creating new DStv customers
- Limited Self Service functions will be available during the upgrade, however, our Call Centres and Branches will be available to assist you where possible.
- Our system will not be able to process payments during 16 – 18 July. We encourage you to pay by 15 July to enjoy uninterrupted service.
- As our system will not be able to process payments during 16 – 18 July, we would like to encourage you to pay by 15 July to enjoy uninterrupted service.
Managing your account
- We are unable to provide you with a balance or statement or account information.
- We are unable to make changes to your package – this includes disconnections, downgrades and upgrades.
- We recommend that you submit these requests to us before 15 July 2017.
- You can still rent movies but will need to top up your BoxOffice account by 15 July or use your funds in your BoxOffice account, if it is pre-funded.
- You won’t be able to load more funds onto your BoxOffice account at this time.
- You won’t be able to register as a new BoxOffice subscriber during this period.
FAQs ABOUT SPECIFIC SERVICES
Payments and managing your account
I made a payment at a Payment Vendor. Will you be able to process that payment against my account?
We will only be able to allocate that payment when our system is back up Wednesday 19 July onwards. However, you can still provide proof of payment to any of our Agencies and they will be able to reconnect you.
I’d like to get the balance on my account.
We are unable to give you a balance on your account as we’re currently updating our system. You can check your balance on Self Service on DStv.com from Wednesday 19 July onwards, when our system is back online.
I need to change my package / disconnect my service.
We are unable to process your request as we’re currently updating our system.
I need to update my account details.
We are unable to process your request as we’re currently updating our subscriber management system.
Service centres and touch points
Will your branches be open?
Our MultiChoice branches around the country will be open however we won’t be able to process any payments.
Will your agencies be open?
Our agencies will be open during this time – these are the MultiChoice Service Centres inside shopping centres and in smaller towns that are independently owned.
Can I log on to Self Service?
These services will not be available during this time. Please try again from Wednesday 19 July onwards.
Can I still rent BoxOffice movies?
You can still rent movies but will need to top up your BoxOffice account by 19 July or use your funds in your BoxOffice account, if it is pre-funded.
Can I load more funds onto my BoxOffice wallet?
You won’t be able to load more funds onto your wallet at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience.
We appreciate your patience during the switch-over process.