Wed 19 Jul 2017, 12:00
MultiChoice Nigeria, has announced the start of the DStv Summer Besties competition in Nigeria to commemorate this year’s International Friendship Day on 30 July.
From 17th July 2017, DStv is challenging kids between 5 and 12 to explore their creativity by answering the all-important question: ‘’What does friendship mean to you?’
How To Enter
1. Kids will be required to post a 30 second to one minute video or an image describing what friendship means to them either in form of arts and craft, song, speech or poem.
2. Entries can be submitted online either on Facebook.com/dstvng or Instagram.com/dstvnigeria with the hashtag #DStvFriends
3. Three winners will emerge, one from each category.
17 July to 22 September
*Please note: the entry period has been extended until 22 September 2017
- Scholarship worth N300,000 including laptops, bicycles and coloured printers for the top three winners
- In addition, their respective schools will win a TV set, DStv Explora plus dish with a one year premium subscription
- Consolation prizes include: cinema tickets, water bottles, DStv French Touch add on, educational tabs and many more
Terms and Conditions
1. Competition is open to children resident in Nigeria aged between five (5) and twelve (12) years old
2. To qualify, parents and / guardians must have an active DStv subscription between June – August 2017
3. Post a video or image of your presentation of friendship on Instagram and Facebook with the hashtag #DStvFriends and tag @DStvNigeria
4. When submitting your competition entry, name, age, address and school must be provided.
5. Only one entry may be sent.
6. Entries to the competition must be received by 11:59 pm on 11 August 2017
7. One overall winner will emerge per category and will be selected by an independent panel of judges
8. The winning entries will be published on the DStv social media handle @ DStvNigeria on Instagram and @DStvNg on Facebook
9. By submitting an entry to the Competition, MCN is given permission to publish it worldwide on any platform and is granted a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish your competition entry in electronic format and hard copy for purposes connected with the competition and b: The right to use the child’s name, age and town or city of residence for the sole purpose of identifying him/her as the author of the entry.
10. MCN is also granted the right to use the child’s image for post-competition publicity
11. The prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred by you and cannot be redeemed by you for cash or any other prizes
12. The parents or guardians of the winners will be notified via SMS, phone calls and emails
13. In the event that you win a prize provided by a third party supplier, the supplier will contact you to arrange the collection thereof. In this regard, you must collect the prize at the time and date arranged with the supplier of the prize within six months
14. We and our third party suppliers, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary
15. We and our affiliates will not be responsible, and disclaim all liability, for any loss, liability, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the competition or the acceptance and/or use by you, or your partner (if applicable), of any prize, or by any action taken by us or any of our affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions
16. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted