Wed 03 May 2017, 15:00
We care about you enjoying the complete DStv experience and we don’t just mean world class entertainment.
From Sunday 21 May to Tuesday 23 May we will be upgrading our systems to enhance our service experience to you.
Please bear with us during this upgrade as there may be minimal delays and interruptions. We advise you to pay your subscription before 20 May using your DStv smartcard number to avoid any inconveniences.
During this time, the following services will be impacted:
Service Centres and touch points
- Even though our Agencies and Branches will be operational, they will only be able to perform limited services.
- Limited Self Service functions will be available during the upgrade, however, our Call Centres and Branches will be available to assist you where possible.
- Although we are unable to process payments at our Branches and Agencies, the following vendors will be available for payment collection from 21 – 23 May.
- As our system will not be able to process payments during 21– 23 May, we would like to encourage you to pay by 20 May to enjoy uninterrupted service.
Managing your account
- We are unable to provide you with a balance or statement or account information.
- We are unable to make changes to your package – this includes disconnections, downgrades and upgrades.
- We recommend that you submit these requests to us before 20 May 2017.
- You can still rent movies but will need to top up your BoxOffice account by 20 May or use your funds in your BoxOffice account, if it is pre-funded.
- You won’t be able to load more funds onto your BoxOffice account at this time.
- You won’t be able to register as a new BoxOffice subscriber during this period.
FAQs ABOUT SPECIFIC SERVICES
Payments and managing your account
I made a payment at a Payment Vendor. Will you be able to process that payment against my account?
We will only be able to allocate that payment when our system is back up Wednesday 24 May onwards. However, you can still provide proof of payment to any of our Agencies and they will be able to reconnect you.
I’d like to get the balance on my account.
We are unable to give you a balance on your account as we’re currently updating our system. You can check your balance on Self Service on DStv.com from Wednesday 24 May onwards, when our system is back online.
I need to change my package / disconnect my service.
We are unable to process your request as we’re currently updating our system.
I need to update my account details.
We are unable to process your request as we’re currently updating our subscriber management system.
Service centres and touch points
Will your branches be open?
Our four MultiChoice branches around the country will be open however we won’t be able to process any payments.
Will your agencies be open?
Our agencies will be open during this time – these are the MultiChoice Service Centres inside shopping centres and in smaller towns that are independently owned.
Can I log on to Self Service?
These services will not be available during this time. Please try again from Wednesday 24 May onwards.
Can I still rent BoxOffice movies?
You can still rent movies but will need to top up your BoxOffice account by 20 May or use your funds in your BoxOffice account, if it is pre-funded.
Can I load more funds onto my BoxOffice wallet?
You won’t be able to load more funds onto your wallet at this time. Apologies for the inconvenience.
We appreciate your patience during the switch-over process.