Thu 12 Mar 2015, 14:00
Lil Wayne’s home in Miami, Florida was surrounded by police on Wednesday following reports of gunshots.
Law enforcement officers and a SWAT team were called to the rapper’s property after someone placed an anonymous call to a non-emergency line, claiming that four people were shot inside the $9.4 million mansion, according to local news channel WSVN-TV.
However a spokesperson for the Miami Police Department said that no injuries had been confirmed so far. “Nobody’s shot at all. We don’t have anybody shot, they’re just investigating right now,” they told MTV News. “We just got a call that there were shots fired and that’s all we know.”
Fans of the 32-year-old can breathe a sigh of relief however, as the How to Love singer was not at home at the time of the shots, according to reports.
For more sick beats, listen to Battle: Nicki Manaj Vs Iggy Azalea Vs Lil Kim on Channel O, Thursday 19 March at 19:00 CAT.
The president of Young Money, the label which Lil Wayne founded, also took to Twitter to reassure the public that the star was unhurt. “Everybody good on our side...thanks for the concern (sic),” Mack Maine wrote soon after the reports started surfacing about the situation.
Lil Wayne is yet to comment on the news and his exact location at this time remains unknown. However, Wednesday’s events come just 11 days after a suspicious person was found lurking near the residence. They were questioned by police but were not arrested for the incident.
The rapper has had a tumultuous few months as he has also been engaged in a feud with hip hop label Cash Money Records, which he has been signed to since he was nine years old.
Problems arose after the company delayed the release of his latest album, Tha Carter V. “I am a prisoner and so is my creativity,” he wrote on Twitter in December. “To all my fans, I want u to know that my album won't and hasn't been released bekuz Baby & Cash Money Rec. refuse to release it. This is not my fault.(sic)”