By: Michelle Govender | Thu 23 Apr 2015, 12:00
When in London, live life like a Crawley!
Who else loves the period drama Downton Abbey as much as we do? From the beautiful setting of the show to Dowager Countess of Grantham, Violet Crawley’s incredible one-liners, what’s not to love?
Have you ever wanted to send yourself back to the 1900s and live life like a Crawley? You could by simply entering to stand a chance to win a 7 night Downton Abbey experience in London! It may not be the 1900s, but 2015 London will be close enough for us all! Here’s how you could act like the Crawleys when in London:
1. Dress like a Crawley: the Crawleys have a taste for the finer things in life, which is evident in their lavish choice of style. After all, who has time to look anything other than extraordinary, right? When in London, one of the world's fashion capitals, shopping is the only option to make sure you look your best!
2. Exquisite eats: Not only do the Crawley’s have finer taste in style, but food too. Get a taste of the best of British eats by dining at the Criterion - the Piccadilly restaurant where Michael Gregson wined and dined Lady Edith! How does lunch at the Highclere Castle sound? Expect an unforgettable time there too!
3. Discover Downton: What’s a trip to London without the grand tour of the key locations Downton Abbey is shot at? Gear up for a guided tour of key filming spots including: Grantham House, Lincoln’s Inn Fields (where Rosamund, Edith and Rose took evening strolls), Ronnie Scotts (a Lady Rose favourite) and St. Pancras Station (where Michael meets Lady Edith’s train). Guess what, that’s not all! You can expect to see even more familiar sites such as exteriors of Downton hospital, the village pub, the former home of Matthew Crawley and the local church amongst others.
4. Take time out like the Brits: Violet Crawley would approve of a fancy afternoon tea, just make certain to always be well-poised and put together. If you’re the lucky winner of this once in a lifetime trip, you could be sipping tea and snacking on scones Fortnum and Mason. After an intensive and exciting Downton tour, we think some tea will be the best way to wind down and take in London like a true Crawley.
5. Downton banter: When in Downton, speak like a Crawley. If you’re the lucky winner heading to London we suspect brushing up on the amazing quips and quotes from the series is the way to go! Luckily for you we have some favourites that we love, including several gems Violet Crawley has bestowed upon us.
Discover London with an incredible 7 night Downton Abbey experience*! Upgrade to or keep enjoying DStv Premium, DStv Compact Plus or DStv Compact until 30 April 2015 and answer an easy question to be in the running to feel as if you’re one of the Crawleys!
Don't miss Downton Abbey S4 every Sunday at 21:00 CAT on BBC Entertainment.
*Terms and Conditions apply.