By: Jocelyn Uithaler | Wed 30 Sep 2015, 12:00
Breaking Bad is arguably one of the best series to ever come out of Hollywood.
If you missed it the first time around, now’s your chance to watch all the drama with Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul as AMC (DStv channel 140) premieres this award-winning drama series.
After finding out about his cancer prognosis, Cranston’s character (chemistry teacher Walter White) takes a walk on the dark side of life, dabbling in drugs and crime with the help of one of his former students, Jesse Pinkman (played by Paul). Breaking Bad has an interesting plot but if that's not enough to make you tune in from Thursday, 1 October at 20:00, here are a few more reasons to set your PVR.
1. Breaking Bad premiered in 2008 and had to compete with other new shows that would later become TV classics in their own right, including Sons of Anarchy, True Blood and Fringe. With its five seasons, Breaking Bad had audiences hooked!
2. One of the highest honours a TV show can receive is a Primetime Emmy Award and Breaking Bad has 16! Over the course of its five seasons, the show has won Emmy Awards for Outstanding Writing, Outstanding Drama Series and Bryan and Aaron both won Emmy Awards for Best Actor and Best Supporting Actor in a drama series. Bryan also won a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor while Breaking Bad won the Globe for Best TV Series in a Drama.
3. The script for Breaking Bad is brilliant. Nowhere is this more evident than with the show’s opening scene. The writing and acting keeps everyone wondering what will happen next. The chemistry between Walter and Jesse is not only entertaining with the duo's humour, but once in a while viewers get to pick up something important through their chemistry lessons.
4. With the premiere of its fifth and final season, Breaking Bad made it into the Guinness World Book of Records for the highest rated TV show of all time!
5. At the end of a great series, there’s always a demand from the fans for a spin-off or even a movie – and Breaking Bad delivered on this. Earlier this year, the spin-off, and prequel, Better Call Saul had everyone hooked! You can watch Better Call Saul when it premieres on M-Net City (DStv channel 115) in November.
From Thursday, 1 October at 20:00 – there’s only one place to be - DStv channel 140. So get the snacks ready and prepare to dig in to the first season of Breaking Bad on AMC.