Mon 08 Aug 2016, 12:00
Music legends such as Usher and Christina Aguilera Provide Soundtracks to Nature’s Beauty.
Take a walk on the wild side of life with music icons in the new Discovery Family (136) series, Hello World. In association with the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), Hello World gives viewers the opportunity to take a look at nature through the eyes of some of today’s most celebrated musicians including; Steven Tyler, Usher, Christina Aguilera, Ellie Goulding and Dave Matthews.
This series brings out universal themes of the artists’ music by using them as soundtracks for animals in the wild. It will take you, the viewer, deep into the daily lives and environments of wildlife as varied as sea turtles, jumping spiders, rhinos and hawks. Throughout the series, each episode features the artist’s vibrant storytelling and one of their well-known songs.
“Not many people may know of my strong affinity for animals and nature,” comments GRAMMY®-winning artist Usher. Hello World gave me an opportunity to not only look cool to my boys, but also help introduce a new and modern way of learning about the world and the animals living within it.”
“I was thrilled when I was asked to come aboard to be part of Hello World as I had never done voiceover work prior and the experience was amazing!” says GRAMMY®-winning artist Aguilera. “Discovery does such great work in educating people in an entertaining way and I know I will enjoy watching the series with my kids.”
The episodes in the series will include:
- Stronger: Usher’s new track Stronger, also the title of the episode, provides the backdrop as the sea turtle and red fox demonstrate how adversity only makes them more resilient.
- Crazy Love: Ellie Goulding uncovers the amazing (and hilarious) lengths some animals go through to attract a mate with her hit Something in the Way You Move, which sets the mood for animals as diverse as polar bears and garter snakes.
- Save Me: With Save Me, Dave Matthews follows the stories of three very different species—rhinos, spade foot toads, and manatees—as they search for the fresh water on which all life on Earth depends.
- Don’t Mess with Mama: Christina Aguilera uses Light up the Sky to showcase the strategies of such strong maternal caregivers as a mountain goat and a cheetah, as each protects her young.
- Summer Wild: Steven Tyler’s recently released country song Red, White & You is a perfect backdrop to this episode, which shows how several North American critters–prairie dogs, hawks, and wild mustangs—like to spend their summer vacation.
- Bad Reputation: Our favourite bad girl Joan Jett highlights the stories of many of the creatures we love to hate. Featuring wolves, alligators and sharks, this episode featuring the hit song of the same name, makes the case that for all the fear they put into the world, these guys might just be getting a bad rap. And more than that, they each are really a crucial part of their native ecosystem.
Don’t miss Hello World on Discovery Family (136) from Wednesday 17 August at 16:00 as these GRAMMY Award winning and nominated artists take you on a musical journey that you will never forget.