Organising an event of Maftown Heights levels takes a lot of preparation and planning. Now in its sixth year, it is one of Southern Africa's biggest authentic Hip Hop events spanning Â 12 hours with over 30 artists gracing the stage.
Here's some essential Â info to help you navigate what will definitely be a packed Newtown Precinct. Take note to make your Maftown Heights experience as smooth as possible:
- Regarding your parking, general admission and golden circle ticket holders have the option to park at Newtown Junction Mall at normal parking rates. Â There is signage to direct drivers from the mall to the event entrance, just keep a look out!
- Entrance into Mary Fitzgerald Square will be via Henry Nxumalo Street (road under double decker highway) using entrance between Bassline and No1 Central Place
- Ticket processing and tagging will happen in Newtown Park.
- The Henry Nxumalo Street located ticket box office will be open from 14:00 for those that still need to buy tickets.
- There are plenty stalls to purchase a variety of food, merchandise and drinks so festival attendees are not allowed to bring thier own.
- Card machines will be available but bring cash in case of poor outdoor network coverage.
- Maftown Heights is a 12 hour long festival. Dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes.
- Â First DJ is on from 15:oo and first act is on from 16:30pm. Be sure to arrive early!
Ya'll know there's no way Channel O ain't gonna be there! Clap back with your pics so that we share them on our official social media pages via Twitter,Facebook and Instagram.All you have to do use the official hashtag #MaftownHeights15 to get chat with us.