DStv Self Service
DStv iPad App
DStv On Demand
Attempting to login...
Login with your DStv Connect details
Enter your email address / username
Enter your password
Forgot your password?
Keep me logged in
By selecting “Keep me logged in” you will stay logged into this website on this computer until you click logout. If this is a public computer please do not use this feature.
Don't have an account?
Enter your registered email address
Create your DStv Connect account
This will allow you to login to all DStv websites & applications
Enter your email address
Enter a password
I accept the
terms & conditions
Already have an account?
Verification email sent
Thank you for signing up!
A verification link has been sent to your email.
Central African Rep
Must Watch Videos
The rising stars of Twenty20
The Proteas: road to Number 1
Proteas T20 dream team
Mazizi Ndzimela | Thu, 28 Feb 2013
With the South African Test side wrapping up yet another comprehensive victory against Pakistan with 3-0 whitewash, the spotlight now falls on the
team to pull-off a similar feat.
The current squad comprises mostly inexperienced players who are still learning the ropes. Faf du Plessis has been appointed captain for the series against a more-than-capable Pakistani side.
Selection will be pivotal in order to ensure the team performs well against a side that will pose a challenge.
Here's our idea starting 11 to take on Pakistan in the first T20 (Friday, 1 March at 17:30, broadcast live on SS2/SS2HD).
Quinton de Kock
(Wicket-keeper) - We saw flashes of the 20 year-old’s capabilities against New Zealand and realised that De Kock can be destructive batsman when given the chance.
- Having only played three T20 internationals, the Titans batsman already has two half centuries to his name and is a good prospect.
- The captain is the ideal candidate to come in at number three if an early wicket falls and is not afraid to take on the bowling.
AB de Villiers
- De Villiers is an all-round cricketer - his clean hitting is unsurpassed and is agility makes him a dangerous fielder. Without the burden of captaincy he will focus on his batting.
- In his last T20 game Miller scored 28 runs in 27 ball at number five. He deserves another chance in the same position to prove his worth to the team.
- Still striving to make his mark at international level, the Titans batsman can hit a cricket ball for miles, as he proved in his debut match against India when he scored 20 runs from 11 runs. And he can squeeze in a few overs with the ball.
- Peterson last played a T20 International against England. His confidence is on a high after the test series and he is a dangerous batsman at the latter part of the innings.
- He can bowl very fast and can clear the boundary ropes with ease. His talent was recognised by IPL team the Chennai Super Kings at the 2013 IPL Players Auction.
- Kleinveldt has been in superb from in the longer version of the game and is capable with the bat.
- With his confidence still high after taking his career-best figures of 7/29 in the Tests against Pakistan, leaving him out of the starting 11 will be hard to do.
- The Warriors bowler is assigned the task of leading the South African attack and he will not want to disappoint.
Don’t miss the first T20 International Friday, 1 March 2013 on SS2/SS2HD at 17:30 and via live streaming on supersport.com.
MOST POPULAR READS
Great British gangsters
Beyoncé pregnancy confirmed?
Beyoncé turns it down for Blue Ivy
Tune in! Go down memory lane with BBA...
What do you like? Click on the thumbs-up icon and share the shows you like.
Nick Fury is director of S.H.I.E.L.D, an international peace keeping agency.
Life of Pi
A young man who survives a disaster at sea is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery
"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" follows title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest
DStv HD PVR DECODER
Increase your picture quality now by buying the HD PVR decoder.
DStv Digital Magazine
On Demand PVR
© MultiChoice (Pty) Ltd
Share on facebook
Would you like to share this on facebook?